When I envision the kitchen in our dream home there's always some traits that seem to remain the same over the years. Case in point, I know that I don't want any upper cabinets (maybe some open shelving though), I want an eat-in kitchen (perhaps a large table, instead of an island) and no cabinet doors on the lower cabinets. I know that sounds a bit strange, so I'll show you some examples...
Any less attractive items, such as plastic storage containers, can be stored in pretty woven baskets. At least, with everything out in the open, it forces you to stay organized and to not bring anything into the house that isn't necessary, useful, or attractive.
We're planning to retire and build our dream home in a tropical climate, so not having the doors is great for air circulation and is quite common in tropical homes. My preference is to have the lower cabinets made out of concrete and either left raw or tiled. Maybe incorporating areas for adjustable chunky wood shelves to be added for customazation and another design element?
So, is this a look that you could live with or do you need those doors?
No comments:
Post a Comment