Friday, March 11, 2011

Katina's House Project: Breakfast Area

Still haven't received any after photos of the Katina House Project (hint, hint), so I thought I would show you an inspiration board of the very small eat-in breakfast area.

We found an antique Empire Style library table at a local antique shop and decided to pair it with the acrylic chairs from Ikea and the Antique Palampore Drapes from Pottery Barn. 
Her house has a very modern open concept, but I knew that she was inheriting our Grandmother's small antique  china cabinet and it would be the only older piece in her home.  To balance this, I knew that we would need to find an older table, but to keep it from looking like an odd vintage corner (in an otherwise modern home) we paired it with the modern chairs.

Hopefully, I'll be getting some photos soon, so this will all start making sense!

No comments:

Post a Comment