Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Birthday Gifts

Today is my Birthday and I was correct, it did trump Valentines Day! 

My husband booked us on a tour of Doris Duke's Shangri La for Thursday (they don't have tours on Tuesdays).
{image via shangri la hawaii}

You can read more about Shangri La on my blog post here. The tour begins a couple blocks from my house at the Honolulu Academy of Arts.
{Honolulu Academy of Arts image via here}
My Birthday gift from my Mom was the National Geographic Earth Explorer Backpack!  She bought me the medium size in a field jacket green color.  It's the ultimate camera bag and I love it.  I first discovered the backpack, when I saw a guy standing in front of me carrying one, while in line for the Lantern Floating Ceremony, a couple years ago.  I blogged about the backpack here, last year.  When I carry it I feel like I should be in Africa, on a safari!
Earth Explorer Backpack
{image via national geographic}
{image via 1GS blog post}

I'm a lucky girl!  Can't wait for the tour on Thursday.  Now, I'm just trying to figure out what to wear!  I'm sure my outfit selection will somehow become a blog post! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment