Friday, January 14, 2011

Doris Duke's Shangri La

Finally, I've decided what I want for my birthday next month!  I want to tour Doris Duke's home, Shangri La!  It is almost incomprehensible that after the 5 total combined years I have lived in Hawaii I've yet to tour Shangri La.  Years ago when I was going to college, here in Hawaii, my art professors said it was a must see and I'm not sure why I didn't take their advice?!?  Nevertheless, now seems as good a time as any to rectify this gross error.  The only foreseeable problem will be finding a sitter for our 3 year old.  If we can't find one, I may be taking this tour solo.
{image via elle decor via doris duke foundation}
{image via elle decor via doris duke foundation}
{image via elle decor via the doris duke foundation}
{image via elle decor via the doris duke foundation}
The tour begins at The Honolulu Academy of Arts (a couple blocks from my house) where you see an exhibit and watch a video about Shangri La. Then they transport you the property, on the beach by Diamond Head, for a 1 1/2 hour tour. Sounds Heavenly, doesn't it!

No comments:

Post a Comment