Friday, January 27, 2012

Client Project: Final Touches...

A few posts back, I mentioned that I'd be adding some baskets as wall art as the finishing touch to a project.  Well, surprise, surprise...it's the entry that keeps on giving!


I knew that once the mirrors went up they would be out of scale with the length of the wall and the height of the ceiling, so I had a plan in my mind and knew the exact solution I wanted to present.  Right when I sent over the photos of the West Elm baskets and explained my plan to hang them to surround the mirrors, my client was immediately on board and headed straight to her local West Elm.  The store only had 3 baskets in stock, so she got 2 of the small ones and one medium basket and the other two are on back order and are due to arrive sometime in February.  We already hung the three baskets, via Skype (got to love Skype) and let me just tell you, they're the absolute perfect finishing touch to the wall! 

You may also notice that there is now a runner as well.  There was always a plan to add a runner, but we were still searching for the perfect one.  The other day I found this sisal one on Overstock.com and knew that it would play off the Ikat cushion perfectly...the homeowner finished making the cushion a couple days ago and it turned out wonderfully!  I can't wait to share the after photos with you all, once the 2 baskets and runner arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment