Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Another Revision...

So, remember the two design boards for my clients foyer I presented last week. (plan 1, plan 2) Well, just when you think you've figured it out, you get thrown a curve ball.  The "perfect" little entry bench we found at West Elm would have been great, but the cost for shipping was crazy, so we went back and forth a bit...wanting to just go for it and then not wanting to just throw money away.

In the end we decided to try looking around, again, for a more cost saving alternative that wouldn't be too much of a design compromise.

Today, my client sent me a link to a bench she found at Cost Plus.  It's on sale for $99, marked down from $230!  I think it's a great compromise, since we'll be able to use an existing ikat fabric we have to make a bench cushion.

And, yes, I did make another quick design board, just to see if the new bench will meld well with our existing driftwood mirrors and Wisteria lantern.  I do like it, and I also like that the baskets will serve as a place to stash shoes, purses, shopping bags, etc.

stay tuned for a possible 4th revision...just kidding (I hope)!

No comments:

Post a Comment