Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Grant's Finds & Some Leopard...

Following up on yesterdays post, Boys' Style, I wanted to share some of the purchases I made today.  Actually, I managed to find a version of everything on yesterdays list, except for the red chucks.
I say version, because nothing is an exact match.  The shoes ended up being a pair of desert boots instead of oxfords, which I'm totally fine with, since I only paid $7 for them on a major, last pair sale.  Then to top it off, when she brought them out, one was missing a shoestring.  So she pulled out a box of shoestrings from under the counter to see if she had the match (which she didn't), but I noticed a pair of neon shoestrings in the box and asked if I could buy them and she said that I could just have them.  Yes, you read that correctly...leather desert boots + neon shoestrings for $7! 


Yep, those are green jeans.  Originally, I was thinking royal blue (if I even went through with it), but they didn't have his size in blue and when my son saw the green jeans (his favorite color), I wouldn't have been able to talk him into blue anyways.  I'm still not 100% sure about color jeans and I'm not sure what my husband will think, but he does look awfully cute in them...I'll post a pic when he wears them.
As far as the scarf goes, it's not exactly what I had pictured in my minds eye, but it's really the closest I've managed to find (from the mens section) and it's super cute on.  Again, I'll add a pic when he wears it.  The scarf was $12 and the jeans were $14.  So, $33 for almost everything on Grant's style list.

Now the leopard, well, that's a Mommy find.  I love leopard ballet flats and with the change of season I thought I'd try out some leopard desert boots.  They're super trendy, and I didn't want to spend too much on them, so I managed to find a cute pair for $18.
I think they'll be great to run around in, with skinny jeans...cuffed a little, so they hit right at the top, my military cargo jacket, from J.Crew, and a cool scarf.  I think my husband is going to feel left out of our little style club.  It was definitely a fun, productive afternoon of shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment