When I go out onto my front porch to water the flowers in my hanging baskets, I'm disappointed in it's decor. It's quite sad, actually. The porch is very long (the width of the house), but narrow. I'm almost ashamed to admit this, but right now we have our vintage mid-century sofa, two of our wood slatted folding chairs from Honduras and the mid-century chair I recovered in Hawaii as the seating arrangement. Very Sanford and Son!
This crazy mix of indoor and outdoor furnishings could possibly work if I could fit the sofa against the side "wall" of the porch, but I don't think it's wide enough? You know, I love an eclectic mix and shy away from furniture "collections", but when I see a pristine outdoor set that's all matching and lovely at the store, I'm not going to lie and tell you I'm not tempted. I could just walk in and buy it and ta-da, finished porch!
To shake these thoughts, I thought I'd indulge in a little eclectic outdoor living inspiration I've been
collecting hording!...
I just need to go out and play around with what I already have and get a good idea of the things I still really need and try to make our space, even a little bit, as inviting as these awesome spaces!
To see many, many more outdoor living areas, that I find inspiring, click over to my
Outdoor Living Pinterest board and while you're there, follow me!
No comments:
Post a Comment