Friday, May 27, 2011

Inspired By: Flags...

Thinking of ordering the Union Jack spread for our sons bed from Urban Outfitters...

my husband wants to get him a Hawaiian flag quilt for his bed, but the cheapest I've found is on sale for $500 and retails for $700 (too much for a 3 year olds bedding...although it would be very cute).  So I thought that I'd buy two small Hawaiian flags and make them into pillow shams!
or maybe even do one Hawaiian flag and one Australian flag for the pillow shams?...



of course I'll have to add the American flag in!  I think my sister has a vintage flag that was our fathers that I could frame and hang above his headboard?
 

Since my son and husband are both Texans...how about a Texas flag throw pillow too...
{via}
well, at least they all coordinate! HA!  His room would definitely make a memorable statement!

what do you think? Getting too themed!? Just throwing out some ideas....we shall see! Can't wait to get started.

Oh, they want us in Australia by July 31st, so I believe we'll be leaving Hawaii July 28th. So much to do in the next couple months (nine weeks...yikes)!  So Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment