Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Urban Gardening

As you all know, I live in Honolulu where space is at a premium.  We do, however, have a tiny backyard, but part of it is on a slope, since we live on the side of a mountain.  My husband has, nonetheless, been determined to have a small vegetable/herb garden.  Last year, as well as this year, he has managed to grow several tomato plants, basil, mint, various peppers, rosemary, and a pot of strawberries.  We've yet to eat a single strawberry, because the neighbors dogs eat them the instant they turn red and while we managed to get many cherry tomatoes last year, we would have had a ton more if not for the dogs and the lizards...we had to pick them, literally, the day before they were absolutely perfect or all would be lost!  He and our little guy have done a great job in only about 3x3 foot sq. and a few other nooks and crannies.

The other day, I showed him this photo, I stumbled upon, and told him that this may be his next option...
4614351999_5572f5bc77_o_large
{image via Bacsac via style-files blog}

No comments:

Post a Comment