Some of you may be planning spring or summer vacations, so I thought I would make some recommendations, based upon places I've visited, starting with The Dry Tortugas.
 |
| {aerial view of Fort Jefferson} |
The Dry Tortugas National Park is located 70 miles off the coast of Key West, FL....
 |
| {mote around the Fort} |
My husband and myself visited the island about five years ago with some of our extended family...
 |
| {lighthouse and fort interior} |
we took a wonderful boat ride out of Key West, which was a treat in and of itself...
 |
| {brick archways inside fort} |
once you arrive your free to snorkel around the island (which was so wonderful) and to explore the fort at your own pace...
 |
| {my husband and I have photos of us in front of this sign and beautiful photos of the fort, but they're all packed away} |
my husband and I chose to snorkel for a while, then we explored the beautiful fort and the grounds, ate the lunch the tour provided and finally snorkeled some more and relaxed on the gorgeous beach...
 |
| {exterior walls of the fort and the mote} |
then after a day of fun and exploration you take the roughly 2 hour boat trip back to Key West...
If this sounds like a trip that would interest you, then go read up on the history of The Dry Tortugas at the
nps.gov site and check out more gorgeous images.
For info about pricing go
here.
Oh, and one more neat thing...having the manatees swim right up to us, on the dock, while we waited to board the tour boat in Key West.
*all Dry Tortugas National Park images via
here*
No comments:
Post a Comment