Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Thrifting Finds

Once again it was all about jackets on this thrifting outing!  I know what you're thinking..."palm trees, turquoise waters, sea turtles, around 80 degrees year round and volcanoes (not on my island, but within the state).... you live in Hawaii for goodness sake!"  Believe me, I get it!  Now, let me explain my reasoning rationalizing when it comes to buying so many jackets.  First, they're great, unbelievable, maybe never to be had again deals...on average $2-$7 each.  Second, one day I'm certain I will be living in a climate other than tropical or sub-tropic.  Third, well let's just put it out there....it's an addiction.  I love jackets!  I love that jackets hide figure flaws and add another element and layer to an outfit.

 O.K., enough already!  If my husbands reading this I know he's shaking his head, although he agrees that it would be silly to pass up a great deal like for example the J.Crew Vintage Solid Ripstop Field Jacket I just scored for $6!  SO NOT KIDDING!  It's currently sold out at J.Crew, but retails for $98.  Mine looks to be brand new.
{J.Crew}
as you all have gathered, I do not typically post photos of myself on this blog!  Although, this is an awful shot...in quality (camera phone) and subject matter...I wanted to show that I wore the new old J.Crew field jacket last night.  Lookie, lookie...I'm in Hawaii and it was a bit rainy and I was perfectly comfy in my jacket!


{J.Crew field jacket, Ann Klein stripped tee, J. Crew dark gray shorts, silver Gap sandals}

Also found this great Michael Kors jacket.  Love the herringbone pattern and the buttons running down the cuff!


and last but not least, I found this Gap corduroy trench coat.  The length is right below the knee and it's in brand new condition. 

*once again, sorry for the photo quality.  My batteries died and I used my phone to snap the shots*

No comments:

Post a Comment