Thursday, February 10, 2011

Inspiration Photos: Alex Bates via Country Living

Just thought I'd share these old photos of Alex Bates' (creative director for West Elm) beach cottage featured in Country Living last year.

For as long as I can remember I've wanted to live in an old cottage just like this one.  This is no secret to anyone in my family.  First off, I adore how she painted out the entire shell in white.  It feels so clean, fresh, beachy and current.  When you visit some cottages and the owners have left the walls, ceiling and floors in their natural wood color it feels dark, small and cave like.  While I could see the ceiling and the floors left natural and the walls painted white, being daring enough to just go for it helps to create that dramatic, dreamy cottage feel!

This bedroom room = perfection!

....and of course, a perfect black and white vintage bathroom!

*all images via Country Living Magazine photographed by William Waldron*

No comments:

Post a Comment