Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cameroonian Juju Hat

The other night I was watching an HGTV episode of Dear Genevieve, featuring designer Genevieve Gorder.  In this specific episode, A Home Office for Two, she redecorated a couples home office and featured a traditional ceremonial Cameroonian juju hat in the room. 

One of my passions are unique hats from around the globe and this wasn't the first time I had been introduced to the 'juju' hat, but it did remind me of how much I loved them when I first saw them back in college, while studying tribal ceremonies in Cameroon, in my Anthropology class! 
cameroonian juju hats
{cameroonian juju hat image via Laviva Home}

{a collection of juju hats: image via decor pad via Scout Design}

{top and bottom view: images via africanart.com}
This pink hat goes for $315.  While looking around I've found hats ranging from $230 thru $400+.

{image via africanart.com}

{image via designmyworld.net $315}

{2 above images via apartment #412}

{image via canadian house and home}
 
{image via table tonic $650}


It was quickly added to my must have interior accessories list...alongside a giant clam shell, Thai spirit house, Moroccan pouffe and teak bench!

*while searching for inspiration photos I noticed that the juju hat has been making its way around the blogosphere for a while now, but maybe this will reach a few of you who haven't noticed them yet!*

No comments:

Post a Comment