Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thrifting Find: A Little Vase

Yesterday, I decided to check out a Thrift Shop that I pass often, but have never been to.  The little guy and I decided to walk to it.  It wasn't too far, but we went down a really long street without any shade so it got a bit hot.  Of course, by the time we made it to that street he was tired of walking and was asleep in his stroller with his shade hood down.....not fair! 
The thrift store looked really large from the outside, but the actual sales floor was very tiny...it was difficult to get around....especially with a stroller.  Fortunately, he stayed asleep the whole time so I didn't have to contend with little hands grabbing at things in such a tight space. 
Nevertheless, I did manage to find a very cute vase.  I'm sure it is handmade and I'm guessing, since we live very close to The University of Hawaii, that it was most likely made by a student in their pottery studio.  Just a guess though.  If my hunch is correct, the student did a great job.  The only marking on the vase is an  'A' on the bottom.  All that really matters, though, is that I like it.
{image via One Girls Style}

No comments:

Post a Comment