Thursday, January 20, 2011

Interior Love: Douglas Friedman Photographer

Just fell in love....

Clicking through rooms on decor pad, I stumbled upon this g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s room photographed by Douglas Friedman! 

That herringbone fireplace is so simple and brilliant. I adore that everything has been made current by painting it all out in white....imagine if the fireplace was still in a natural brick color; it would look so dated.   But, I also love that all the white has been balanced and grounded with the dark wood floors. 

Using a large collection of white paper pendants, instead of just two of three above the table, is very impactful.  I could also picture three huge Moroccan lanterns hanging in a row above the dining table (no color panels...just clear glass and old patinaed brass)....you know, injecting a little ethnic glam into the mod interior!

{Douglas Friedman via Decor Pad}

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic room! A hug, Giò

    http://gio-beautiful-life.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete