Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Pair of Chinese Chairs Please

One of my biggest (well maybe not biggest) regrets was not purchasing a pair of Chinese chairs in the antique district of Seoul. When we lived in Korea we were a couple hours outside of Seoul so I only bought one large piece of furniture, because of the logistics involved.

Fortunately, this type of antique chair isn't too difficult to come by...it just won't have a really cool, I found these while shopping in Korea, story attached.



Our friend (whose house we were at for this Christmas Eve) has a pair of antique Chinese chairs. Every time we're there I contemplate snatching em...J/K! Actually she has a ton of really cool stuff I adore including a huge vintage poster collection!
She has art covering every spare inch of wall space in every room of her house, including vintage photos of Hawaii...love it! She also has a great antique rug collection and a mask collection (just like the ones I collect). Her house is a 1920's Hawaiian cottage with the original kitchen, bathroom and wood floors. She has wonderful moldings and a gorgeous enclosed front porch.
I would love to get my hands on her house to just do some finishing touches....such as refinishing the floors, recovering her sofa, making new throw pillows and cushions (note the old floral ones on the Chinese chairs), reframing some of her art and creating a really great dining area. I'd also like to add great light fixtures throughout, do some decluttering, add in some new accessories (rearrange the old), decorate her front porch and find a new TV stand. It would be such a fun project to work on with her, since she has such a great natural sense of style that is very similar to my own!

{my little guy Grant...love him!}
I'm going to start keeping my eye out for a pair on craigslist or at an auction....we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment