Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Residential Library

One day I plan to have a library/study in our home. I always envisioned floor to ceiling built-in shelving, tons of moldings, and an area left open for a perfectly worn tufted leather library sofa.

Here are a few inspiration photos I found


Love the added dimension of layering art on the front of shelves. Domino Image via Decor Pad

This room from decor pad isn't exactly what I have in my mind, but it's close...love the built-in's, the sofa area, the sconces, the tufted ottoman, and the library ladder.

Loving the arched openings on these built-in units. If our house has arched doorways this may end-up as an option. Filing this one from decor pad for sure.




In my mind I've always envisioned a vintage leather Chesterfield sofa...and this one I found in green leather on ebay is exactly it!

Actually, I am going to do an entire post dedicated to my love of the Chesterfield sofa.

2 comments: