After hours of trying on every outfit I own...and finally settling on a black pencil skirt with a black and white ikat button down blouse and black patent leather peep toe heels I was off.
I knew, prior to leaving and prior to all the hours of deliberation I put into my outfit, I would be totally overdressed for Hawaii. Of course, this was the case, for the exception of the always chic Japanese tourists. And Tim Gunn made a point of pointing-out that Hawaii is one of the only places where fashion "rules" don't apply. This is the case (don't know if it should be, but it is).
Anyho, there was a surprise...Tim Gunn was introduced by none other than Hawaii's own Andy South of this seasons project runway and one of the final 4 headed to NY fashion week.
I do have a confession....I left the show early. Sorry, but I got bored and called by husband and he and my son were still at the mall sipping their Jamba Juice's and shopping so I decided to join-up with them instead. I think I stayed long enough to take away what I wanted and quite frankly I was missing the little guy. Plus I attended by myself so I didn't have anyone to comment about the fashions going down the runway with which was probably the main cause of my boredom.
No comments:
Post a Comment