Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Whole Foods Plant Based Vegan

Wow, that's a mouth full!  So, as I'm sure you surmised from the title, I'm still going strong in my decision to go vegan.  On a previous post, I believe I mentioned that I would share some documentaries and websites which have inspired me. 

First off, if you haven't seen Forks Over Knives or have never even heard of it, it's a must see.  It's a change your life, FOREVER, kind of documentary.  This past Saturday, I finally talked my husband into watching it and he was all, "fine, but I'm not giving up my meat and dairy no matter what.  But, if it will get you off my back, I'll watch it."  However, after watching it...actually, about halfway through he said, "well, shit, I can't argue with that...I'm in."  Totally unexpected from him and it made me so happy.  So, today is day three for him and he seems to be taking to it well.  He even went through the fridge (his idea) and cleaned out all of the non-vegan items.  Frankly, I think I'm still in shock!
Forks Over Knives
Also, watching Forks Over Knives The Extended Interviews is a must. 
Forks Over Knives - The Extended Interviews
Other good ones are Food Matters, Vegucated, The Engine 2 Kitchen Rescue, and Hungry For Change.
Food Matters
Vegucated
Forks Over Knives Presents: The Engine 2 Kitchen Rescue
Hungry For Change
{the documentaries can be found streaming on Netflix and all images and links can be found on my board Yummy Vegan}
 
Some websites I've been stalking include: Forks Over Knives, Oh She Glows, Forks to Feet and Rich Roll.  Vlogs: Rich Roll
 
I'll post some online Australian and US resources for shopping, soon.
 
In other news...I ate my first ever persimmon today (don't know why I've never eaten one before) and it was delicious!  Whenever I can find them, I'll be buying them for now on.
persimmon
{image}
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment