Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day & Design Boards...

It's Mother's Day, today, Down Under.  Hope you guys are enjoying your day (well, tomorrow for most of you).  I've already received breakfast in bed and a cute card then later today they have a picnic in the park planned. 

On a different note...Lately, I've been thinking a lot about how I want to furnish our next home (big makeover!).  I know I've put a few ideas out there already, but it's still a work in progress and it's so fun to think about.  Having said that, here is my latest concept for our new living space (still about a year or so away)...

I wanted to do a board that was a bit more sophisticated, but still reflected the minimal ethnic style that I love and of course my love of symmetry (balance).  Of course, it would be filled in a bit with some of my existing furnishing...antique Chinese console, antique Javanese chieftain's cabinet, hand carved Honduran trunk...and accessories...my newly framed ethnic photography, miniature painting from India, my Otomi wall hanging, calligraphy brushes, books, Buddha collection, kilim pillows, African beads, etc.  You get the picture, I'm sure.  So to wrap it up...think clean, modern, neutral back drop for colorful and/or textural ethnic accessories/furnishings.  Also, not knowing the style of the homes architecture is a bit tricky.  Hopefully, I'll be able to add some custom built-ins to house books and accessories and to help keep things feeling more clean and minimal, but still have all my beloved treasures around that I've collected over the years.

You can find everything I've featured on my Pinterest boards...check under, furnishings, home accessories/decor, lighting, fabric love and flooring.

No comments:

Post a Comment