Saturday, January 19, 2013

Yellow Tile, Please

It's all about the amazing bright yellow tile in this Mexican hacienda kitchen of owner and furniture designer John Houshmand, featured in House Beautiful...and maybe the ceiling too.  But mostly it's the tiles that really do it for me.  I suppose any single color of tile used in that quantity would be impactful, but yellow really provides that wow factor.
yellow kitchen
  
On Pinterest I found more photos of this kitchen that linked me back to an article on Houzz that introduces you to the architect David Howell and shows many photos of the rest of this truly incredible and pretty perfect Mexican home.  If you love this kitchen, you must check out the other pics!
  
It's funny how different the shade of yellow appears in the House Beautiful feature vs. the other photos.  I wonder which is more accurate?  My preference is the second set.  Also, I wonder if I would be brave enough to go for this much color?

No comments:

Post a Comment