Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Living Roof...

Whenever I imagine our dream home or do drawings of it, it always has a flat, planted, living roof.  I love the look of a living roof and wanted to share some images I've been collecting...
Pinned Image
{image}
I love how the planted roof allows the home to almost disappear into the landscape!
Pinned Image
{Soneva Kiri Eco Resort, Thailand}
Pinned Image
{via coastal living}
this is close to what I envision, with a flat roof and the plantings dripping over the edge.

Pinned Image
{image}
Pinned Image
{by Guz Architects}
 some are modern and tailored... I prefer my roof a bit more wild!

Pinned Image
{Sydney Music Conservatory}
Pinned Image
{photograph by Robert Snow}
well, not as "wild" as the last two! HA!  I'd be afraid of what's living up there!

Pinned Image
{image}
Pinned Image
{image}
Pinned Image
{image}
Pinned Image
{image}
Pinned Image
{Jungle B's landscaping, Miami}
the bright orange bromeliads would make for an interesting roof garden!
So, is this something you'd ever consider doing?  Is this a look you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment