Saturday, March 3, 2012

DIY: Driftwood Lamp

I kind of have a thing for driftwood and have had different projects, involving the material, floating around in my head for quite a while now.  So, after seeing this great, but pricey ($990) driftwood Orlando Table Lamp at Eco Chic, I thought....hhhmmm, I believe that I have enough driftwood on hand in very similar shapes and sizes to try and make my own!
Here is the inspiration, budget busting, lamp...

it seems fairly straight forward.  I already have the driftwood, my husband gave me a metal pole that I believe will work and I have all the lamp "guts" on hand.  So, I just need to figure out the base (needs to be heavy enough) and find a great shade. 
The weather has been icky and rainy here this week, but hopefully it lets up a bit, this weekend, and I can hit-up the hardware store and try to find a base and some other odds and ends and knock out a killer reproduction...fingers and toes crossed!
Have any of you tried your hand at lamp making?  I've made one other lamp before using a vintage wooden tripod and it turned out quite well.  I'm sure my DIY won't be as perfect and refined as the original, but it will cost me almost nothing, if I can pull it off.  I'll keep you all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment