Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Be Mine...

Today is the 16th Valentine's Day I've shared with my husband, since we met.  I was thinking about all the different phases of our life together, around this time of year, and remembered a specific Valentine's Day when we were apart.  A little over a year after we were married my husband, who was in the Air Force at the time, was deployed for 3 months, to Honduras, right after the new year.  Since this was our first long separation, I wanted to get him something to feel connected with me.  I went to James Avery and found a pair of charms and bought us two silver chains....
Pinned Image
{I never thought of having ours engraved...I think I need to do this!}
The Charms read, "God Be With Us Together and Apart".   He loved it and also wore it when he deployed a few years after that to Kuwait and still wears it to this day when he has to leave on a business trip for any length of time.  Perhaps this is an idea for the Valentine in your life?

While we may have had 12 Valentine's together, just the two of us, the last 4 we've shared with our wonderful little guy, Grant Liam.  This Valentine's he awoke to the surprise of a giant Kangaroo (in honor of our first Aussie Valentine's Day), with a pouch filled with chocolates and a couple little toys...he was very excited!
{notice, he already smuggled all the chocolates from the pouch!}
We're both pretty excited for this Valentine's Day, since by step brother is coming in from Sydney, to stay the night and babysit for us!  I believe this will be our first Valentine's Day and actually one of only a handful of times we will be without our son for a few hours to grab a quick bite and see a movie...we're thinking The Descendants?! 

Hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day...tomorrow for most of you! 

Scroll to Top

No comments:

Post a Comment