Saturday, August 20, 2011

Thrifting Find: Vintage Suitcase...

Today, I found the best blue leather vintage suitcase!
{image}
it looks very much like the blue suitcase in the above image, but it's the size of the larger one on the bottom.  My husband spied a local thrift shop the other day at a little town near ours and we decided to pop in this afternoon.  As soon as I saw the suitcase, I knew I wanted it, but it didn't have a price tag on it.  I asked the lady at the counter for the price and she said, "how much is on the suitcase next to it?" (the ones next to it were all modern roller suitcases).  I told her the price was $5 and she said that I could take the vintage one for $5 then.  Yes that is right...$5!!!

While, happily, walking back to the car with my new treasure, I was stopped by a group of women who wanted to know 1)where I found the suitcase and 2)how much I paid for it.  Needless to say, after answering their inquiries, they were shocked, wanted to know if there were any more (if there were, I'd have been carrying them all!!) and one women even asked how much I'd take for it and tried to buy it off me! 

Yep, this little beauty will look quite lovely in my collection!  I'm loving Australia! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment