Plan A was to strip the piece down to the base metal, maybe just seal it with a matte poly and paint the tablet with chalkboard paint....but as I started to strip the icky brown paint off, I soon realized that the chair was composed of various types of metals...and while I loved the metal on the seat and back, I did not like the metal used on the legs.
Plan B was to spray paint the chair and to still do the tablet arm with chalkboard paint. However, I had the hardest time deciding on a paint color (especially since I'm not sure about the color direction of Grant's new room), so I decided to paint it a metal color and went with copper.
So, without further ado, here is the Before (note the equally icky workspace I found)...
![]() |
| {forgot to take a photo before starting...but caught myself right after applying the first coat of stripper} |
![]() |
| {the chalkboard paint on the tablet turned out great and is already a big hit! I also really love the copper paint paired with the matte finish of the chalkboard!} |


This is such an awesome makeover! Do you happen to remember which copper spray paint you used?
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Emily
Thanks Emily! Sorry, I don't remember the exact brand of paint, but I did buy it at Home Depot....not sure if that helps. It's been almost 2 years and it's held up perfectly.
Delete