This is what I would want in my perfect kitchen and it was discovered in a rather round about way. While searching google images for photos of Thai spirit houses and trying to find examples of them used as decoration in home decor, I stumbled upon this wonderful kitchen.
of course this kitchen requires the right style of house...not plopping in into a mid-century modern, but for let's just say a great stone cottage or rammed earth cottage in the hill country of Austin, TX. (perhaps one day) it would be perfect. I adore the old butcher block island with the metal strapping, the large mortar and pestle, the shelving for your cookbooks & pottery (asian tea pots?), all the inspiration photos stuck to the wall in a haphazard way, the huge fireplace with the stacked wood and the great lighting. The only thing I'd like is a larger farm table.
Love finding great inspiration....helps to keep the dream alive!
No comments:
Post a Comment