Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Vintage Metal Lawn Chair

I'm sure many of you have memories of these vintage metal lawn chairs from your childhood. I know I remember loving the ones at my Granny's house and have always wanted my own set. Sadly, hers had long since rusted away! Over the years I've kept my eye out for them and have stumbled upon a few every now and then, but have never found any in a price or condition I've been willing to pay. Recently, perhaps because I lost my, beloved, Granny a few months back, I've been yearning to rekindle my search. The search won't ensue, however, until we're living back on the mainland, but I'm already thinking about a few spots I'll hit up and with any luck I'll be enjoying my set of chairs by summer 2012!


cush43004.JPG
{image via here}

It would be fun to redo a whole patio set like the one above....love projects!

{via ebay}
White looks nice and clean, but I think I would add some color!

{image via here}
Don't think my odds are too good for finding a pair like these, but what a fun project they would be!

{image via here}
I'm going to look for a double glider too!  Even if items aren't your exact personal design aesthetic, sometimes sentimental value trumps all else!

{image via here)

No comments:

Post a Comment