Thursday, January 13, 2011

Gallery Wall

Just thought I'd pull some photos of great gallery wall inspiration...

This gallery shows how using only black and white photography in black frames makes a bold graphic statement and creates a unified collection.
{image via decor pad}

the use of photo ledges in this gallery allows you to easily switch out your art without further damaging the walls and I quite like the look.  I used photo ledges for a gallery wall in the Katina's Home Decorating Project.
{image via decor pad}

this collection has a more casual, collected and added to over time feel due to it's use of different color and types of frames, color photography and art, as well as architectural elements.  Love how only a simple settee was needed to complete this foyer, since the gallery provided enough impact. 

{image via decor pad}
 this bedrooms gallery wall is one of my favorites...I think I'm drawn to it because of the shelf they used underneath which allowed them to layer objects in front of the artwork and I also have a similar mink blanket...wink...oh, speaking of wink...the eyes above the bed would totally freak me out!
{image via decor pad}

o.k., I realize this image has been all around the blogosphere, and although I am NOT a fan of the two-tone sofa, I am a fan of the gallery wall.  I adore the mix of frame colors as well as black and white photography,  vintage and modern art....and the piece tucked behind the lamp in the lower left corner is what makes the wall for me!
{image via decor pad}

loving the clean lines of the frames and the black and white photography in this gallery, juxtaposed to the rustic architecture, lighting and decor.
{image via decor pad}

this gallery wall shows how it is possible to bring a more is more philosophy into a modern space by keeping everything in matching frames, using a linear arrangement and what appears to be a collection of art from the same artist.

{image via decor pad}

can you say DRAMA!  Not sure if this is a "real" interior or a room designed for advertisement, but it is pretty great!  If one had a space with lofty ceiling this would definitely be a show stopper.

{image via decor pad}

and last, but not least, I especially like this gallery wall for a couple reasons... it shows that you can incorporate lighting and that you can create a large impactful gallery wall in a small room and it won't make it feel closed-in or cluttered, but rather cozy, inviting and interesting.  Personality!

{image via decor pad}

I know that creating a gallery wall has been a popular design endeavor as of late, but it's something I've always done in my own home.  Looking through these photos did give me a new idea for my wall.  I have a rather large mask collection and have always hung the collection together on a wall (just the masks), now I think I'll try hanging them within a gallery wall with my black and white photography.  Plus, I think I'll add a couple modern sconces into the mix and maybe photo ledges to allow me to sit some of my Buddhas (collect those too) and stone statues my husband brought me back from Honduras. 
I'm glad I did this post because it provided me with a ton of fresh inspiration and I hope it does the same for you.  I wish I could create my new gallery wall today, but as you all know my things are all stuffed back in a storage unit in Texas and I'm living all the way over here in Hawaii.  However, you may want to keep your eyes out around fall 2011, because that new gallery wall just might appear!

No comments:

Post a Comment