Saturday, January 1, 2011

Top Trends of 2010: Final 5

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE! It's our final day of counting down the top trends of 2010! There were so many trends to choose from and I just couldn't narrow it down to just one for the finale....so here are 5 more! Leopard Coats, Military, Garden Stools, Moroccan Pouffes, and Oxfords. I realize that there are probably more trends out there that were even more prevalent, but these are the ones which sprang to mind.

First...the leopard coat. I really fell for this trend which stinks for me, because I live in Hawaii and would look like the crazy eccentric women (not the eccentric glamorous women) walking around Waikiki with one of these over my bikini! If my situation changes (??? wink) and I'm living in a city that has seasons and this is still a trend winter of 2011 then I'm all over it! My vote...love it!

Top Trends 2010: Leopard Coat


Top Trends 2010: Leopard Coat by amandalenore featuring pea coats

Second...military everything (and the color too)! I have to confess that while I really adore a cute military jacket or a military inspired shirt I still find this trend a bit hard to get totally on board with. This is why. For the first 8 years of my marriage my husband was in the Air Force and I ironed his uniforms every morning. We almost always lived on bases and we were therefore always surrounded by the real deal. Sometimes dressing in this trend makes me feel like I'm playing dress up and a bit silly, but with that being said, I still think much of it is super cute and I'd wear it! Just remember our trend rule...a little goes a long way! Please don't wear more than one item at a time!

Top Trends of 2010: Military


Top Trends of 2010: Military by amandalenore featuring military pants

Three and Four: The garden stool and the Moroccan pouffe! These two were everywhere this year! I know they've both been around forever and I know that I have loved both of them for many, many years, but it feels like everyone and their mother now owns either a garden stool or a pouffe (pouf, poof) or both! Personally, I own neither, but I've always wanted a pouffe. I remember showing them to my husband about 10 years ago (they were so inexpensive) and telling him that I love them and we should buy a couple. I can't recall why we didn't...C'est la vie!

Nevertheless, I did use a great garden stool and a woven pouffe (not Moroccan) in a recent design project. The garden stool and the pouffe have proven staying power, but I think we'll see a little less of the garden stool in 2011. I still want one or maybe two Moroccan pouffes!
What do you think? Ney to stool and yea to the pouffe? (if out of context, this last sentence would be so very odd!)

Top Trends of 2010: Garden Stools


Top Trends of 2010: Garden Stools by amandalenore on Polyvore.com

Top Trends of 2010: Moroccan Pouffe


Top Trends of 2010: Moroccan Pouffe by amandalenore on Polyvore.com

Five, and our last trend of 2010...The Oxford! I know I posted about my adoration of this shoe trend and I even bought myself a pair. Actually, I wore them yesterday with a little khaki Michael Kors dress layered with a stripped nautical t-shirt, but I digress.

I feel fairly confident in naming the oxford a top trend since they were all over the J.Crew catalog and all over the blogosphere!

I am favoring a carry-over. They are classic and have staying power. What is your opinion? I know many people do not like them. They say they remind them of band shoes and some styles remind them of jazz shoes. So, yes or no to the oxford for 2011?!?
Top Trends of 2010: Oxfords

Top Trends of 2010: Oxfords by amandalenore featuring cut out shoes

I already have some new posts cooked up for the new year, so I'll see you all tomorrow. Have fun tonight and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment