Friday, December 17, 2010

Michaela's Harajuku Lovers Room

My cousin (whose house we just redecorated) and I also decorated her daughter Michaela's room in a Harajuku Lovers theme. She really wanted an Asian themed bedroom and we didn't want it to look like a Chinese restaurant. We thought of going minimalist Zen, but while shopping at Ikea we saw this graffiti painting and remembered her set of Harajuku Lovers perfume and thought it would be the perfect cool girl Asian bedroom for a 14 year old.

This is everything we bought at Ikea:



{Harajuku Lovers perfumes are not from Ikea}

Fortunately, my cousin already had a modern bedroom suite, in her guest bedroom, from west elm...platform bed, nightstand, desk and TV console (we repurposed as a window seat)...so we switched out Michaela's furniture with the guest bedrooms.

We made a cute foam cushion for the window seat using this fabric:

This poster was purchased at World Market and went into an ikea frame:



Photos will be arriving soon! I forgot to take any before I left.
rug,bedding.throw pillow,throw pillow,throw pillow,neon art,graffiti art,bookcase }


No comments:

Post a Comment