First a short recap...for his first birthday we were living in Houston and missing Hawaii so I did a Keiki's First Luau (I made the cake from scratch, pulled pork, lomi lomi salmon, and all the guests wore Hawaiian attire).



His second birthday found us, rather unexpectedly, living back in the aloha state and seeing that we did a Texas luau the year before, and it would only be the three of us, we skipped the party and took him to Sea Life Park (the park featured in 50 First Dates, beautiful but too hot for August!). After the park burn-out we drove to North Shore, laid out our picnic blanket at Bonsai Pipeline Beach Park, opened gifts (camera died) and stripped him down and let him finger paint!




This year we were thinking the water park, but my husband thinks he's still too little. So, keeping in mind the excruciating heat from last year I'm thinking the Discovery Museum and then a picnic at Sandy Beach to fly kites in the afternoon.
Gift Ideas:



VTech KidiZoom Plus Digital Camera
I also want to get him a Hawaii plush Mickey and Mini Mouse...can't find them online, but they sell them at the Disney store here in Hawaii. He loves Mickey and has requested a visit to Mickey's house, but that won't be until sometime next year.
P.S. The blue and white dress I am wearing at his first birthday is a vintage 1950's dress made in Hawaii, which I bought at my favorite vintage clothing store in Florida. The white dress I'm wearing at my son's second birthday is a great Michael Kors dress I snagged for an awesome deal...$10!!!!
ReplyDelete