So, I bought this vintage purse at this wonderful antique shop, in the historic downtown area of my hometown...5 years ago! The antique shop is awesome, but the best part is the small back room that is packed full of vintage clothing, from the 1930's-70's! I've bought a few dresses there, a fabulous black crushed velvet, fully lined, 3/4 sleeve, boxy cut coat with wonderful vintage buttons and a removable mink collar, a vintage Dior tie for my husband, and a couple "Halloween costumes" (I was a cute Priscilla Presley). But, this little purse, which needed a very small alteration, has been following me around unused for too long. The bag is obviously homemade and has a very odd way to carry it, so I thought I'd just separate the strap (very simple with a seam ripper) and wrap the then separate pieces around new bamboo handles and voila a usable, unique, vintage purse...in all of a few minutes. Today is finally the day this, 5 year Odyssey, comes to an end.
As you can see, the bag has a weird strap????
Separated the strap with my seam ripper
Going to fold each flap over to add these cute, round bamboo handles
YES, Finished!
No comments:
Post a Comment