Monday, June 21, 2010

Mask Collection

Something I haven't mentioned yet is that I collect masks. I started the collection with a giant vintage African canoe mask that my husband and I found at an antique store in Oklahoma...then it just took off. While my husband was in Kuwait, 10 years ago, he bought me two more masks at an antique store. One of my favorites is from an antique store in New Orleans. I bought another while shopping in a really cool store in Korea. Others I have found on ebay. Recently a pilot my husband works with brought us one back from a trip to Indonesia. Nevertheless, as with most collections, it just never seems complete, so I thought I'd post a couple I spotted on ebay that I wouldn't mind adding.


While searching ebay for some cool masks I decided to look at another item I have wanted forever, a Thai Spirit House. While I am not Buddhist, I think they're beautiful and really want one. Here is one I found that is similar to one I've had my eye on and is Todays Crush!

No comments:

Post a Comment