
The jumping off point was the Ikea,Docksta table and then I found that beautiful white coral chandelier, from Lighting Direct, and thought, (as I often do) why not take this room to the beach! After finding the chandelier and deciding on a direction, I began building the shell. I found a great grasscloth wall covering, in white with a hint of grey, from Lowes. Next I moved down to the flooring and was tempted to add a great dark wood floor, but instead decided to change-up my normal mindset and went with a mosaic slate floor, from Home Depot. I thought it would look beautiful just peaking out a couple feet around the edges of the platinum color jute area rug, from West Elm. The windows I'd cover in natural roman shades, from Home Depot (my favorite window covering) and the tropical fabric, for the ceiling to floor pinch pleat curtains, called Paradise Lost, is from Joann. To finish off the shell I'd add high baseboards, a thick crown molding, a bead board ceiling, and built-in bookcases on one wall, custom built around the buffet. All the moldings, ceiling, and built-ins would be painted white. The fabulous buffet, which is an antique Butchers table, is from Wisteria. I also found the Oyster Shell mirror there (I'm totally in love with it!) and the weathered chairs (set of 4). The beautiful sparkly, vintage looking sconces flanking the oyster shell mirror were a great find at Lamps Plus. After adding all the basic elements to the room, it was time to think about accessories. Since everything was VERY monochromatic I thought adding a pop of color with the accessories was a fun must do. The first color that came to mind was a fun canary yellow. I found the great garden stool, at Inside Avenue, in the exact color I was envisioning. The beautiful fresh flowers add another pop of yellow and the modern square white vase, from Crate and Barrel helps to tie-in the modern table as does the small silver bird. I'd also add a clear acrylic tray to the buffet with a collection of decanters on it. The bookcases can be accessorized with not only great books but also a mix of modern accessories, eclectic seaside accessories, quirky collections and great baskets. And for one final touch a great old library ladder would be picture perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment