Saturday, June 26, 2010

Crazy for Sea Shells

This whole obsession I have for sea shells probably can be blamed on being a Floridian. Growing-up going to beaches covered in beautiful shells couldn't possibly have anything to do with why I love all these things...

First off..because I really want one and have had it on my Christmas list for at least 5 years...a giant clam shell!!! I would love nothing more then to fill one of these gorgeous babies with moss and plant orchids and bromeliads in it, have it just empty as-is, or perhaps filled with driftwood??? The design opportunities are endless. Right now I only have a smaller one, that I keep on a shelf in my bathroom, to hold all of the jewelry I wear most often.

Shell lamps! I like this one, but with this linen shade instead!

Shell mirrors!

real nickel plated shells!

The Cilwendeg Shell House
Pembrokeshire, England
O.K. so maybe this is a little more like shell nuts, but I still think it is fabulous...or dare I say shellicious (dork)!

This has just been a very small sample of all the shell mania floating around in my head...enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment